About the InSTEDD iLab SEA
The InSTEDD iLab SEA, a technology non profit, is leading the way in using the power of design and technology to help communities improve health, safety and development. Established in 2008 through funding from Google.org and Rockefeller Foundation, the iLab SEA is located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The iLabSEA is a recognized leader in providing innovative solution design, development and deployment for organizations implementing social impact programs in the Mekong Basin region and beyond. To date, the iLab SEA has successfully completed projects in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Nepal and Papua New Guinea. For more information about the innovative work of the iLab SEA, visit www.ilabsoutheastasia.org
The Opportunity: Technical Project Manager
At the iLab SEA, we have examined ways in which we can grow and strengthen our offering and commitment to provide best in class solutions to the communities we serve. Through this examination we have identified the need for a Technical Project Manager that can help shape and influence the quality and direction of our software development team.
We are currently seeking a leader with experience and proficiency in developing and managing software teams.
Salary range and benefits
Monthly salary range $3,000- $4,000 USD
Health insurance for staff, spouse and children
Public holiday 24 days per year
Paid holiday 18 days per year
Sick leave 12 day per year
Special leave 7 day per years
National social security fund
The Ideal Candidate
The Technical Project Manager will set the direction of the iLab SEA software development team through cultivating a culture of excellence, creativity, accountability, inspiration and quality. The TPM should possess development experience in building custom web and mobile systems and delivering high value results to clients. In addition Technical Project Manager must have experience in designing high value web applications leveraging open source technologies. And work as a leader in software development with internal executives and clients to architect new features and functionality. The TPM will oversee project management from inception to implementation to ensure timely completion within established budgets and timeframes, while carefully managing scope and prioritizing user requirements and ensuring quality bars are met or exceeded.
- Gather requirements and facilitate design of systems.
- Estimate efforts for budgeting purposes.
- Coordinate the development of systems for our customers
- Manage our software development team
- Participate in hiring recommend and advocate for internal tools.
- Update and grow our team’s skills to prepare it for upcoming challenges
- Manage team allocations and utilization
- Improve and supervise our engineering process (toolsets, standards, methodology, quality)
- Determine scope tradeoffs with customer, budget tracking, remaining resources.
- Track, monitor and communicate the progress of a project, including budget, allocations, deadlines and milestones.
- Prepare required project reports for funders.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience motivating teams and driving ownership
- Demonstrated experience managing project timelines and setting expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high enthusiasm and consistent follow-through including driving consensus across various stakeholders
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented and software design patterns
- Demonstrated experience in software testing and deployment cycles
- Experience with high volume, multi-threaded and multi-channel applications
- 5+ years of software development experience
- International project experience working with team leads across organizations
- Fluent English speaking and writing for business
- Experience with VOIP, SIP and Asterisk
- Experience with Linux and understanding of open source software communities
Please send a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com