Role: Data, Technology, and Communications Intern
Hours: Part-time (10 hours per week
InSTEDD is seeking to retain the part-time support of a highly technically-qualified individual with skills in data analytics, web development, open-source technology, and communications. The successful candidate will wear many hats, including, but not limited to, supporting the deployment of InSTEDD’s open-source technologies with partners in low-resource regions, drawing actionable insights from large amounts of data produced by InSTEDD’s tools and website, contributing to the design and development of new open-source tools, and generating blog posts and other communications assets. As much of the role will be front-facing, working directly with InSTEDD’s partner organizations, the role will require strong customer support skills and the ability to organize communication and consensus across stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, data science, electrical engineering, or a closely related discipline, or currently enrolled in such a program
- Demonstrated experience managing project timelines and setting expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high enthusiasm and consistent follow-through including driving consensus across various stakeholders
- Fluent English speaking and writing for business
- Connection to high speed internet and ability to both audio and video conference calls
- Passion for improving lives in underserved regions through the effective use of technology
- Advanced university degree in IT, computer science, data science, electrical engineering, or a closely related discipline, or currently enrolled in such a program
- Previous experience working with open source tools or in the nonprofit sector
Salary range and benefits
Commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com, attaching your resume and a link to your website or portfolio of related projects if available.
The deadline to apply is May 10, 2018.