- Plan, initiate, and manage information technology projects focused on developing technologies for use in resource-constrained and emergency situations.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, scope, and quality requirements. Develop project plans by participating in requirements gathering and organizing and formalizing requirements and communicate project schedule.
- Lead and guide the development team, including providing team leadership for agile methodology implementation and reinforcement as well as prioritization of signed off tasks based on defined strategy, obstacles, budget, resources and deadlines. Responsible for software architecture and design.
- Perform algorithmic analysis and choose approaches for advanced technology application. Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines and metrics to management and team members.
- Perform demos for clients/users and collect feedback. Present success cases and results. Identify and mitigate risks and escalate issues to minimize impact on quality budget and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or
related field; and five years of experience designing architecture for complex and scalable backend systems
and performing software development in multiple technology stacks including .NET, Java, C++, and Ruby.*
- Five years of experience performing project management and leading individuals in distributed settings.
- Five years of technical domain experience in life science projects, including development experience in the biology or healthcare sector and telecommunication sector.
- Three years of experience developing user-centered design in resource-constrained scenarios.
- Three years developing electronics and firmware. Experience may be gained concurrently.
* Will accept two additional years of experience designing architecture for complex and scalable backend
systems and performing software development in multiple technology stacks including .NET, Java, C++, and Ruby in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full-time in Mercer Island, WA
May telecommute based within commuting distance from Seattle area, with
significant (at least weekly) in-person work with our Seattle area-based CEO and at
Seattle area-based partner organizations required. Travel to our Sunnyvale, CA
office approximately 2–3 times per year.
SEND APPLICATION TO:
InSTEDD, Attn: Bridget Sperry
100 S. Murphy Avenue, Suite 200
Sunnyvale, CA 94086