For a printable PDF of this job description, please click here
Role: Technology Communications and Facilitation in East Africa
Location: East Africa (preference for Kampala, Uganda)
InSTEDD is seeking to retain the part-time support of a highly technically-qualified individual in East Africa, with preference for those based in Kampala, Uganda. The role responsibilities and activities are related to technical work for ongoing open source technology projects in the Africa region. This person will be a primary point of contact for one or more of InSTEDD’s projects and wear the hats of coder, project manager and human-centered designer. The role will require strong customer support and creative troubleshooting on hardware and software problems being expressed by humanitarian organizations using technology to help tackle issues in challenging contexts.
● Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, electrical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
● Demonstrated experience managing project timelines and setting expectations
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high enthusiasm and consistent
follow-through including driving consensus across various stakeholders
● Fluent English speaking and writing for business
● Connection to high speed internet and ability to both audio and video conference calls
● Advanced university degree in IT, computer science, electrical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
● Experience working with open source tools
Salary range and benefits:
Commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position, would would like to hear from you by March 15.
Please note: Before sending us an email, please follow this tutorial to make a simple project (a “health tips” hotline) with one of our tools (Verboice, a hotline-building tool). When you have completed the third and final video, and have created the “health tips” hotline, take a screenshot of your call flow.
Then, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
1. Your resume
2. The screenshot of your “health tips” call flow in Verboice
The deadline to apply is March 15, 2018.
John Batpiste Niwagaba
+1 408 215-1716