“Act now, or pay later,” how we can strengthen the fight against the “Unseen Enemy” of pandemic disease.
Chasing the Paper Trail of Patient Data in Uganda
How we can accelerate and prioritize digitization efforts for improved health systems in Uganda.
Chatbot Innovation with World Food Program
With support from InSTEDD, the WFP mVAM team has produced a chatbot for improved communication with the beneficiaries they serve.
Are Wearable Technologies and Mobile Apps Improving Health in Cambodia?
From the iLab Southeast Asia, a report on the proliferation of wearable technologies in Cambodia.
Unseen Enemy, the Documentary
From CNN Films comes Unseen Enemy, a powerful documentary about the potential looming crisis of the next deadly disease pandemic. We are proud of our partners and friends Dr. Mark Smolinksi and Dr. Larry Brilliant of Skoll Global Threats Fund who are featured in the film. InSTEDD is honored to be mission allies of the film. Learn More
PlanWise with Concern Worldwide
With Concern Worldwide, we are developing an open source predictive analytics tool for public health planners and decision makers. Watch the animated short to learn why we are creating the tool and how it will visualize critical information to inform complex choices with real-world data.
Drone Discovery for Humanitarian Response
In partnership with Cisco CSR InSTEDD completed a discovery design program for the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in humanitarian response. InSTEDD led a discovery process which included desk research, site visits and a three day discovery workshop at Singularity University. Read more»
News and Media
Mobile surveys in Congo and Somalia are helping the World Food Programme serve refugee populations.
National Disease Reporting Hotline Starts to Flourish in Cambodia
An update on our work in Cambodia setting up a free to the pubic hotline for information and reporting on disease outbreaks.
Postcard from the Field: Emily Aiken in Southern Africa
An update on technology and mobile phone usage in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Why Has Mobile Health Technology Not Reached its Full Life Saving Potential in Africa?
A Ugandan doctor explores why he believes the promise e-health technology has lagged in Africa.
- "How Digital Technology Is Changing Farming in #Africa" by @ndekekwe via @HarvardBiz #ict4d https://t.co/SoxCL3bPVd https://t.co/8hX735Xk9c
- "If you’re not human then who are you? Experimenting with #chatbots in Nigeria and Haiti" @mobileVAM @WFPVAM #ict4d… https://t.co/nVJVDW1PVN
- RT @WHO: World Health Assembly #WHA70 elects Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus as new WHO Director-General https://t.co/t3k96luAYK
- "Five ways to boost cooperation in global health" by @RebeccaLRoot via @devex @WHO https://t.co/Gv4orPE8k5… https://t.co/v0FzuvX7zr
- RT @ItTakesAllofUs: Thank You @InSTEDD for all you do! https://t.co/oPXAAsFP6S