InSTEDD 2016: Highlights and Reflections
As we ramp up activities for 2017, we take a look back at our achievements from 2016.
Capacity Building at iLab Southeast Asia
The team in Phnom Penh is adding new skills and sharpening its design approach with advising from the Bridgespan Group.
Chatbot Innovation with World Food Program
With support from InSTEDD, the WFP mVAM team has produced a chatbot for improved communication with the beneficiaries they serve.
SPIDER Renews Partnership with the iLab Southeast Asia
The Swedish Program for ICT4D (Information and communication technologies for development) deepens its relationship with the iLab SEA and launches the ICT4D solutions incubator in Cambodia
PlanWise with Concern Worldwide
With Concern Worldwide, we are developing an open source predictive analytics tool for public health planners and decision makers. Watch the animated short to learn why we are creating the tool and how it will visualize critical information to inform complex choices with real-world data.
Digital Innovation to Slow Outbreaks in Cambodia
The CDC in Cambodia is responsible for national reporting of disease spread and alerting necessary authorities in case of outbreaks. InSTEDD empowering a transition from paper-based reporting to early detection with open source mobile tools and platforms.
Drone Discovery for Humanitarian Response
In partnership with Cisco CSR InSTEDD completed a discovery design program for the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in humanitarian response. InSTEDD led a discovery process which included desk research, site visits and a three day discovery workshop at Singularity University. Read more»
News and Media
Mobile surveys in Congo and Somalia are helping the World Food Programme serve refugee populations.
National Disease Reporting Hotline Starts to Flourish in Cambodia
An update on our work in Cambodia setting up a free to the pubic hotline for information and reporting on disease outbreaks.
For Big Impact, You Need These Unlikely Business Allies
Established corporations benefiting from strategic relationships with social impact nonprofits, making unlikely allies in social impact.
Why Has Mobile Health Technology Not Reached its Full Life Saving Potential in Africa?
A Ugandan doctor explores why he believes the promise e-health technology has lagged in Africa.
- RT @UNHCRInnovation: Why the development sector should care about the future of work: https://t.co/t4fQcnD6DX
- RT @mobileVAM: Calling all #hackers - help @WFP and @C4Innovation use data to reach #Zerohunger at https://t.co/whzLFGdo1N ! #innovateSDG2…
- @ianmcclelland @bauer_jm @ChrisEarney - You can DM us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- RT @ScottTees: @InSTEDD @OpenHIE and @Regenstrief were key in getting this out there! Happy to have been a part of the Facility Registry c…
- Congratulations to @ScottTees and co-authors for winning #HIMSS book of the year! Check out book on #HIS here:… https://t.co/srzSJZ5r1d