“Act now, or pay later,” how we can strengthen the fight against the “Unseen Enemy” of pandemic disease.
Chasing the Paper Trail of Patient Data in Uganda
How we can accelerate and prioritize digitization efforts for improved health systems in Uganda.
OK Chatbot: How Might You Aide Humanitarian Response?
Can conversational text-based computer programs make the leap from commercial use to helping development practitioners?
35,000 Calls & Counting: Update on Cambodia’s National Disease Reporting Hotline
Read the latest on our hotline deployment in Cambodia, including a story on its most important call yet
Unseen Enemy, the Documentary
From CNN Films comes Unseen Enemy, a powerful documentary about the potential looming crisis of the next deadly disease pandemic. We are proud of our partners and friends Dr. Mark Smolinksi and Dr. Larry Brilliant of Skoll Global Threats Fund who are featured in the film. InSTEDD is honored to be mission allies of the film. Learn More
PlanWise with Concern Worldwide
With Concern Worldwide, we are developing an open source predictive analytics tool for public health planners and decision makers. Watch the animated short to learn why we are creating the tool and how it will visualize critical information to inform complex choices with real-world data.
Drone Discovery for Humanitarian Response
In partnership with Cisco CSR InSTEDD completed a discovery design program for the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in humanitarian response. InSTEDD led a discovery process which included desk research, site visits and a three day discovery workshop at Singularity University. Read more»
News and Media
Mobile surveys in Congo and Somalia are helping the World Food Programme serve refugee populations.
Bloomberg Data for Health Initiative: Making Strides in NCD Mobile Phone Survey Platforms
An update on our efforts for the Data for Health Initiative to support a global survey on the burden of non-communicable diseases in lower and middle income countries.
Postcard from the Field: Emily Aiken in Southern Africa
An update on technology and mobile phone usage in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Why Has Mobile Health Technology Not Reached its Full Life Saving Potential in Africa?
A Ugandan doctor explores why he believes the promise e-health technology has lagged in Africa.
- RT @RockefellerFdn: In May, we brought together city leaders and #technology innovators from around the globe to explore solutions to compl…
- RT @Spidercenter: It is here! @iLabSEA and Kampuchean Action for Primary Education (KAPE) have launched the Khmer Writing App. #ICT4Educati…
- RT @iLabSEA: Huge congratulation to Kampuchean Action for Primary Education (KAPE) for their launching of Khmer Writing App. Thank to @SPID…
- RT @ScottTees: Interested in Facility Registries - join us. Tweet at us if there is anything specific you’d like to see. https://t.co/m7L1…
- RT @OpenHIE: Join us for a webinar to discuss facility registries with @ScottTees from @InSTEDD. Please find the registration link for Dec…