Resource Map helps people track their work, resources and results geographically in a collaborative environment accessible from anywhere. Set up a facility registry in minutes.
Organizations need to track resources such as facilities, people’s capacity, stock levels, etc and share this information, and visualize it geo-spatially. Unfortunately, high-end GIS services are expensive and hard to use, lack inclusive collaboration features, and are not designed around the needs of mobile workers.
What is Resource Map?
Resource Map is a free, open-source tool that helps you make better decisions by giving you better insight into the location and distribution of your resources. With Resource Map, you and your team can collaboratively record, track, and analyze resources at a glance using a live map. Resource Map works with any computer or cell phone with text messaging capability, putting up-to-the-minute alerts and powerful resource management always within reach, wherever you go.
- Get updates as they happen, using a live map or text message request
- Visualize and update resource allocations without a complex and expensive geographic information system (GIS)
- Update resource data from any text messaging-capable phone
- Identify distribution patterns and anomalies with visual mapping and trend analysis
- Receive important alerts instantly and address them proactively
- Collaborate easily on resource allocation decisions
- Maintain complete control over the visibility of resource allocation data
How Does it Work?
Getting started with Resource Map is simple. Just enter resource allocation data manually or upload an existing spreadsheet containing the data. Once your data is online, it’s easy to keep tabs on resources visually, on a real-time map, using any computer or smartphone. Even better, field teams can receive alerts, update resource deployment, and query resource status using any phone that can send and receive text messages, in addition to using a computer or smartphone. If you can get a cell phone signal, you can view and manage resources with Resource Map.
- View and update resource allocations via the Web or SMS text message
- Receive instant Web or text alerts when resources are low
- Request resource status updates using text messages
- Import existing resource allocation data from spreadsheets
- Export your Resource Map database for further analysis in other applications
- View aggregated data on a live resource map
- Define and track custom data types and variables
- Visualize live and historical data on a map or using a graph
Request a Demo